Friday, April 22, 2011

Class Three Incursions

No, not those Incursions.

We took down our second to last grav site, leaving a couple roids to try to spawn some ore at downtime, but no luck. Strangely the site lived to the full five days it looks like, which it shouldn't have, since when we warped to it, it had a 75k spod roid in it. To me, that roid meant the site had been warped to grid at least one downtime, so I assumed someone had warped to it and it had been open for a day, at the very least. Guess I was strangely wrong and it spawned with it.

Anyhow, that left us with a single mag site and two ladars. Which finally pushed us into looking at our C3 static. The last time I and Nick tried to do a C3, his Legion blew up. O.O

So with a certain amount of trepidation, I headed in and scouted around, finding a single large tower that belongs to a german corp. A helios appeared on scan, but I never saw him at their POS, he dropped a single combat probe, to which I responded with five. He then pulled his probe in and we never saw him again.

After checking with Wormhole Thingie, I decided to try out C3 sites without sentry guns to start with, so we headed to a Fortification Frontier Stronghold. First couple of waves were fine, but the third with the webber plus the nossing advanced sleeper BS almost made me have to warp out. Gave me quite a scare. This was repeated on the second site with Nyslia.

We only made it to three sites before we all had to call it a night. I felt a slight twinge at doing "other people's" sites, but like I've said before, you can only keep what you can defend, and we've been on the receiving end of this many times. I guess I don't really relish doing it because someone else lives here. I'm not going to be the ones saying "Stay in your POS noobs!".

But you have to do what's best for your corp and not theirs.

So fast forward to tonight. we ended up with a D382 that someone opened earlier today, no idea who, because it's EoL now. Unoccupied C2 with low sec static. Also no combat sites. Eight grav sites!!! Oh so tempting. But after running the math on a 20k arkonor roid being 320km3, I decided it just wasn't worth the effort. And living in a static low sec WH isn't going to happen again. So we're letting it go.

And we opened our C3 static again on accident, but what a wonderful accident it is.

We're currently inside it, an unoccupied C3 with static low sec, and tons of combat sites!

I decided to drop the two Heat Sinks Iis and go with a much more conservative tank. I noticed I had a 60% thermic resist, so threw on Centii A Type plating and closed the thermic hole, and replaced the other with another EANM II. Add in a fleet boosting Damnation and I've got 78/80/83/91.

The difference is night and day. I haven't even needed my second repper now. Course it's probably mostly the boosting ship with all three Armored Warfare links, but still no problems makes me happy. I think we're down five sites now.

Anyone want to buy a C3 with low sec static? Cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment